Sunday, January 18, 2009

Books for 2009 and a challenge...

I've found a great blog about my favourite past time...books.....

Sheri at http://anovelmenagerie.com/ghost/ has issued a challenge called "Just for the Love of it" Challenge.

Join up and list the books that you can't wait to read....and the best part is...is that you can change your list whenever you like!

Good for the likes of me, who write a list and then never seem to get through the darn thing!

So, while I've signed up, I need to get a list up...to follow after this introduction...and I'm trying to work out how to get the widge thing displayed on my blog....Sheri, if you get over here and read this...please help!

Ok, enough of the chatter.....here is the list...

The Reader- Bernhard Schlink

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly- Jean-Dominique Bauby

Atonement- Ian McEwan

Bill Bryson- need to pick a title!

Someone Knows my Name- Lawrence Hill

People of the Book- Geraldine Brooks

Another book written by Monica McInerney

Vanity Fair- William Makepeace Thackeray

ok, that's a place to start, but remembering the rules...it could all change!

xx

Lisa

2 comments:

ANovelMenagerie said...

OMG! I just read The Reader and The Diving Bell as part of the challenge. And, Atonement is my next book! Talk about in common!

Check out this week's The Sunday Salon for some gossip about you!

Sheri

Amanda said...

Glad you found a site to inspire you to blog your book thoughts and reviews!

Whenever I think of books, and read book blogs, I always think of you :)

Looking forward to your reviews, because I know you in real life, and I respect your opinions.

Wish we could have that coffee and cake again, lol... I miss our little get-togethers, with Mrs BB and Susan... ah well, it was good while it lasted eh?!